The last time we posted a blog, we announced that we’re getting the keys to the house that will become Daughter Project’s first girls’ home in Canada. Additionally, La Priscille Design joined the team and is the interior decorator for the house.
Since then, our fundraising team has been hard at work planning events for 2019/2020. Our first event took place on Wednesday, May 8th, 2019. Susan, founder of Et. Al by Isla Pearl, was so kind in opening up her boutique space for us to run this event. Here’s a quick recap on what went down!
Sip.Style.Support was a fun night out for ladies of all ages! The night included:
- a mini style workshop with Mavis of Smithery Style (teaching women about their body types and finding clothing they feel comfortable and confident in)
- a silent auction including home decor, fashion, books, opera tickets, yoga session certificate for pregnant women etc.
- tips, tricks and makeup touch ups from Samantha Jane Beauty
- a clothing boutique (to purchase and try on clothing)
- essential oil candles for sale in partnership with The Evergreen Collective
- a gift bag, including the handcrafted DPC bracelet, coupons, samples, treats and more.
- refreshments, snacks, and social time
From this event we raised a total of… drum roll please… $2,360! Yes that is two thousand three hundred and sixty dollars! We are so grateful to all the women who made this event possible and to all the ladies who took some time out of their weekday to come support an amazing cause.
Huge thank you to:
Susan Elstob (Founder of Et. Al by Isla Pearl), Mavis Huntley from Smithery Style, & Samantha Jane Beauty for playing a huge role in this event, and ALL the people who donated snacks, items for the gift bags, & silent auction.
Looking forward to the upcoming events and all the good that is to come. Thank you for reading and supporting. Remember to empower the girls in your life today!
- Daughter Project Team
(Keep scrolling to see some photos from Sip.Style.Support!)